WordPress is the most popular content management system available today. For those of you who do not know what a content management system is, well it is a software program implemented for managing and creating HTML content. Content management System (CMS) includes auditing, document control, editing and scheduling content. Content management is not just limited to the HTML documents but includes videos and images in addition to other media forms. Medialinkers web designers share the important features that make WordPress popular.
What Makes WordPress a Popular CMS?
WordPress has gained a lot of popularity over the past few months, also winning the 2009 Open Source CMS Awards beating the MODx, SilverStripe and a group of other such systems. Introduced as a plain blog network, it has evolved to become complete CMS software today, capable of building any type of website. WordPress today empowers 25% of sites and has taken over all the CMS platforms available today.
There are multiple benefits to using WordPress, some of which are as follow:
- Easy to install through a 5 minute installation procedure, making the set up and installation process easy for beginners.
- Offers a number of paid and free website themes to build any type of website. Developers can also customize the plugins to enrich the CMS driven sites with features.
- WP is used for blogging, whether you have a standalone business blog or a small corporate site, WordPress has got all the desired features.
- WordPress is popular due to its simple, flexible and powerful features. Anyone with slight knowledge of technology can use it to realize how powerfully simple it is.
- Is a well renowned blogging system that is free to use and easy to setup at the same time. Easy to schedule, manage and publish posts.