The writers, designers and developers are rejoicing the release of WordPress 4.5. Even though this is not the biggest update by WordPress, they have implemented small changes and quality upgrades to customize a site, edit its text and make platform logging better.
Blogging has become an extremely popular activity as there are various blogging platforms which help bloggers to share whatever information they want with the world. Blogger and WordPress are the two most renowned blogging mediums. After you use one platform, you will want to shift to another due to the limitations a platform puts on your blogging goals.
However, you can easily switch and transfer files from one blogging platform to another. Wondering how you want to do it without losing the existing subscribers, page rank or Google search traffic? Well, there are options using which you can transfer all blog posts and comments to a new WordPress blog. A lot of work is required in transferring a blog from one medium to another but the most crucial issues which you face include: losing organic search traffic to pages as the permalinks of the altered blog posts.
Users come to a site through search engines, browser bookmarks and backlinks. But, once a blog is migrated to WordPress, blogger does not redirect the new links to a blog automatically. You can also lose the subscribed readership to your blogger RSS feed as they may not subscribe manually to new WordPress RSS feed.
Medialinkers web design agency shares a step by step guide on how to migrate a blog from blogger to WordPress in simple to understand language. It will transfer all the Google Juice of a blogger blog to the WordPress medium.
When starting the migration process from blogger to WordPress, spend some time in getting a blogger blog’s back up. This includes everything from the XML templates, comments and blog posts. Try to get a new domain, web hosting and install WordPress on it. After WordPress installation, it is time to migrate to an existing blog.
- You are required to import content present on a blogger blog to a new site. Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard and check “Tools.”
- Select Tools -> Import -> Blogger option to get a pop-up window where you can click “Install Now.”
- Press “Activate Plugin & Run Importer” tab.
- Click “Authorize” to let WordPress access a blogger account, importing all the comments and blog posts to a new WP blog. Click “Allow Access.”
- This will make you visit a page showing post status and comments to click “Import” for finally transferring the stuff.
- After the transfer is complete, the import tab becomes “Set Authors” tab. You get to “Author Mapping” page to allocate another writer to the posts. After making the entire Author mapping settings, save changes to proceed. This will complete the process of transferring an existing content to a new domain in a successful way.
- Visit WordPress dashboard and check settings -> Permalinks. You can select a URL structure best fitting with the one you previously had on a blogger blog. This will also redirect the Blogger blog’s redirection to the WordPress blog.
- After this work is done, you will have to work on the “redirection” part. Redirection tells a blogger about where the new site is. It helps bloggers to redirect visitors and subscribers to a new blog, keeping the backlinks and rankings intact.
- You also require a smart plugin such as “Blogger to WordPress” in a WordPress account. Activate and install it for automatically redirecting the blogger blog’s visitors to a new blog. After a plugin is activated, visit WordPress admin to select Tools > Blogger to WordPress Redirection option and click the “Start Configuration” tab.
- This will take you to another page where you will see a list of transferred Blogger blogs. You will also get an option “Get Code” on your blog, clicking which you will get a generated code. Copy the code, go to the old Blogger blog’s dashboard and check the “Template” menu. Press “Edit HTML” tab of blog’s theme.
- Paste the copied code to replace the existing code in a template to click “Save Template.” However, before replacing the code, you need to backup the template to rollback to in case something bad happens.
Checking and Testing
After the process of code pasting is complete, check to see if it works well. For doing this, enter the URL of any of your old Blogger’s blog posts to automatically redirect to the same information on the new WordPress blog.
This is it; do not delete your Blogger blog after the transfer of files to WordPress blog is complete, as the Blogger blog will still perform the process of redirecting visitors to a new blog.
Redirect Blogger RSS Feed and WordPress Subscribers
Visit Blogger Dashboard and select Setting -> other. This will show “Post Feed Redirect URL” option where you will click “ADD” letting you enter the WordPress feed URL. “Save Settings” once done.
Congratulations, your Blogger blog is fully transferred to the new WordPress blog with all visitors, rankings and subscribers. You can hire a professional design agency such as Medialinkers web design to design your new WordPress blog.
WordPress is one of the most widely used content management system available with a free and paid market share of 60% or more. A CMS is more than a web hosting platform which helps other people access what you want to publish. Through WordPress you can publish whatever you want so you not only add, edit or delete material but also monitor what and when has changed, rolling back to what you don’t want to include.
The CMS security affects both you and your readers which means that HTTPS (also known as secure HTTP is nice to have. You can also set up things so your blog and the interface used for editing it use only HTTPS for the use of encrypted connections.
Encryption is one the easiest ways to make sure that there is nothing more important that you forgot to encrypt. Though working on a “digital paperwork” of getting a website certificate is simple enough, doing it the first time is like taking a trip to a place which you never visited before. This relies on the chain of HTTPS certificates, approved by cryptographic digital signatures offered by one or more certificate authorities. You can also end up in a wrong location with no idea of what you need to do next.
Bringing HTTPS for Free
WordPress announced to register all sites on .com with HTTPS. You will not require a CA for a certificate or install a certificate on your own or wonder what happens next when the certificate expires or to apply it on your own. WordPress will handle everything on your behalf using a project known as Let’s Encrypt to remove the hassle from using HTTPS.
WordPress also uses HTTPS since 2014 on domains that end with .wordpress.com. This is not as difficult as anyone who has a domain such as abc.com can register certificates for covering any sub domains of it, for instance, 3rdlevel.example.com
Subdomains such as abc.com can be covered by voting for *abc.com. The * character is known as a wildcard and stands for whatever text you like such as “any wordpress.file.” WordPress users have bought own domain names to the WP ecosystems for example medialinkers.com, hosted by WordPress.com VIP. Issuing multiple HTTPS certificates automatically and quickly was not easy.
WordPress has placed the bullet on the task for its users and on all the WP hosted sites, such as a *.wordpress.com or a custom domain of your own, to implement HTTPS. However, if the readers are trying to connect via HTTP, it will redirect it to a more secure HTTPS link.
Why You Must Care?
- Traffic from the encrypted sites can be redirected, modified and intercepted
- Well-educated readers are increasing suspicious encrypted sites
- Search engines such as Google rate pages higher on their HTTPS use
You can also hire professional web development agencies such as Medialinkers web design to develop a WordPress site for your needs.
Google is starting its mobile search ads for automaker dealers and manufacturers soon. The announcement about the beta version was made last May, and is now available to the automotive vendors in the US.
Original equipment manufacturer advertisers are free to run the Model Automotive ads on the searchers against the models and automakers. The ads consist of format images, manufacturer’s website links and performance details along with nearby information and dealers.
Social Networks Pinterest and Facebook have allowed brands to sell products in new ways. Thousands of businesses are engaged in social buying, making social selling another hot aspect of the social media. Last year in 2015, about $30 billion was generated from the social networks directly. About 59% marketers think that social commerce will top the 2016 trends. About 2 out of every 3 sales teams using social selling reached their marketing and sales goals. These numbers make social commerce a great potential to sell products and services online. People love it and brands are implementing different strategies about it. Check out the social commerce trends presented by the Kennesaw Web design.
Websites in the past were mainly built through HTML and CSS, without requiring any need of dynamic functionality over a server using programming languages such as PHP, JSP and .Net among others. It made life quite simple then. But the hectic maintenance and addition of new pages and information made the task cumbersome over time. This gave birth to technology known as content management system, commonly abbreviated as CMS.